Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Atari emulator - Quasimodo


Okay. NOW I think I'm ready to get back to my homework... after a nap, of course. Apparently, even though absolutely everything in the world is on the web, Google and Yahoo can't find me a list of the things that Quasimodo says... in the Synapse Software 1984 video game. With each progressively HARDER level, Quasi has a new saying. The first is "Time for revenge." The second is... well, let's do it like this

Time for revenge
Not again
Quasi ticked off
Blood will run
Ghost gonna pay

...and it goes from there. Man, those guys that climb the ladders are much tougher than I thought. I don't know how I was ever able to get as far as I did on the old Atari. With mere joysticks no less.
I got it! ...phooey. Not working so far. Must be time for some more Java or something.

Thurs., 26 May 2011 -> 2:23pm... and now, the down key doesn't work. I can climb UP the bell ropes, but not back down. And then, the game freezes on me! I don't remember THAT happening with the Atari! Also, the Ultima games don't work on the emulator here. Probably just as well. So much free time to squander, so few activities to find to do just that.

12/31/'12 - Finally!  Oh, this is going to be a great new year after all.  Just found the piece of paper that I wrote the 16 phrases on, so here they are............

TIME FOR REVENGE
NOT AGAIN
QUASI TICKED OFF
BLOOD WILL RUN
GHOST GONNA PAY
BLOODY GHOST
THAT GHOST DIES
HERE WE GO AGAIN
HE IS A DEAD MAN
GONE AGAIN
GHOST WATCH OUT
KILL THAT GHOST
WHAT A BAD DEAL
THIS GETS OLD
I AM GOING CRAZY
YOU GIVE UP EVER

Such violence!  Well, it was the 80s.  Lotta strange things happening.  The offices of Synapse Software were a hotbed of Dionysian indulgence, with programmers doing blow off the backs of supermodels.  Something like that.  I gotta go.

2 comments:

  1. Cool, I am not alone !
    http://manillismo.blogspot.com/2009/03/quasimodo-frases.html

    ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Apparently there are a few of us old Atariheads out there. Now if I could just get "Bristles" to work on my Atari emulator! Another classic. I've got those phrases written down somewhere... I know level 6 is "Life is a dream and so you go back to level one". Actually, Quasimodo for Atari emulator's a little screwed up too. I tried to get past the archers at Level 4 or 5 or so but they come on too strong and too fast.

    ReplyDelete