Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Atari Emulator ---> Stellar Shuttle

So, which kicks more ass? Meteor Storm or Broderbund's stellar Stellar Shuttle? Well, I grew up with Meteor Storm, so I'm partial to that one, especially given that the game play's slicker, and there's more features to it, like MUSIC. However, in Broderbund's version, we see the origins of the little Lode Runner men to come. I guess that's the case with Choplifter as well, which I'm getting kind of tired of, personally. Haven't played that in months, years even. But even though the game play's clunkier and virtually the same in Stellar Shuttle, there's an insane twist once you get to round 2 and beyond... I hate to spoil it for you, but what the hell. SPOILER ALERT. As shown in the title screen, there's this lizard-looking thing at the bottom of the screen. Now, if you don't knock it out, it'll eat the little guys as they run towards your shuttle! Diabolical. There's only one weapon at your disposal... that's right, you have to SINGE it! Which is tricky if it has already jumped over your launch pad and is heading toward your tasty little men. And for that reason alone, I dare say that Stellar Shuttle kicks slightly more ass than Meteor Storm. And I'll be damned if anyone disagrees with me on that one..............................................................................

No comments:

Post a Comment