Monday, April 2, 2012

Atari Emulator ---> Arex

Another evening of Zynga beatings. No one's growing double grain on their farms anymore... that's what I'm down to now, the high-hanging fruit, the things made of maple syrup and double grain. Getting beaten at Zynga poker, especially when I meet an interesting person. She spoke French and I felt compelled to chat her up a bit, even though my French is 20 years old... they still eat baguettes and drink wine? Checked in with Tetris Battle again, and the old Atari classic Arex. Love that font, and love that game. Good music, too. Short, but catchy. This is how much I used to play this game: one time my Mom and brother burst into my room, singing the Arex theme song. Message received!
And finally! I must be doing something right, because my emulator's starting to scroll things at 60 jiffies per second like the good old days. But look at those anemic scores! Sheesh. Pathetic. Alas, I don't have time to roll the score, or the levels. By the time you get to level 100, you've rolled the score twice, if memory serves.

No comments:

Post a Comment