Saturday, October 3, 2015

Windows upgrade

...notice anything different about me?  Me neither.  Actually, world events have conspired to get me to my local computer store for an upgrade.  Well, it's been about nine years... but my Western Digital drive's still going strong.  Suck it, Maxtor and Seagate.  That's right.
Anyway, I'm still testing to see which browsers are best for what.  Well, this being Microsoft, the first option is, of course, their browser.  Now, I've heard that they're phasing out "Internet Explorer."  Which, for Windows Vista, definitely for the best.  But now they've got a new browser they're phasing out called "Edge."  So I start testing Zynga poker with it.  So far so good.  But then.... yup, it's about as slow as the previous computer.  So, I go to check out the Task Manager and... Zynga Poker's using one gig of ram?  How is that even possible?  Even Chrome only ever used about 500,000 K.  Time to try Chrome... yup, it works best so far.  I'm not even going to try Mozilla.
Kewl!  Just won the 2nd round... see, they have this Shootout deal in Zanga Poker, as my dad calls it.  I made the last big hand, and typed "gg" in the chat window.  The other guy typed "fy" back... well, first of all, it's "F.U."  So I tried to type "Follow the leader, dude..." and Zanga Poker told me "No swearing!" ...I'm still trying to piece together that one.  George Carlin's list of seven is falling, and the word "follow" is rising?  I guess that makes sense, in our American leader-obsessed culture... God, I kinda hate this place.  Anyway, time to move on to a little Tetris Battle, for some reason.  I feel the need for speed, Chuck!  Ah, they always keep up with the holidays............ okay, it's sticking a little in Chrome.  Or maybe I'm just too damn slow.  Sure, others beat me in Tetris Battle... but I can still hold my own, and in a totally classy way, too!  Nyaah!!!!

(Sunday, Oct. 4) - Welp, just tried Tetris Battle in "Edge."  It started out fast enough, but towards the end it started gumming up.  And I'm pretty good at it, too.  This isn't the mere complaints of a player who sucks, like Tonya Harding and her faulty shoelaces.  Oh well.  Better get to my other fish to fry.

(Wed., 0ct. 14) - Guess I should of... have known better.  I need a faster PROCESSOR.  I mean, all I've got is a 3.5 GHz one.  It's an AMD A6-7400K Radeon R5.  Also, I just put in 16 gigs of RAM.  And yet... none of that can find its way into making Google Chrome any faster.  And Microsoft Edge, well... you've got TWO strikes against you now.  You can only go back and forth one page at a time, you're ABSOLUTELY NO USE if you want to play Tetris Battle with it... what's the third kludge-y thing about you?  I can't wait to find out!
Also, Tetris Battle itself has lost functionality.  I mean... didn't I use to be able to tell how much time til my next "health point" or whatever the f... ficus plant it's called.  I'm almost tempted to get the Visa card out, even though I'm sooooooooooooooooooo broke.  Well, gotta live up to the blog's name, right?

No comments:

Post a Comment